Friday, September 13, 2013

Night Of Champions Preview/Predicitons

WWE are on a hot streak in terms of PPV quality. The worst one of the year was the Rumble for me, and that was mainly due to that god awful Rock vs Punk match. Night Of Champions has been the least hyped one yet this year, and even saying that I'm still looking forward to it. Because there's a faint glimmer of a hope that Bryan will bring that belt home, and a huge possibility of Punk/Heyman creating more magic, so we'll just ignore that Night Of Champions will have less title matches than Payback did and proceed with the preview shall we?

Pre Show

Real Americans v Prime Time Players vs The Usos vs 3MB vs Tons Of Funk

The winners of this will face The Shield for the tag belts. The winners of this will be The Prime Time Players. Much to my dismay. For me they should be putting the belts on The Real Americans and having them feud with The Usos until at least 2014. Life is never perfect though. That's why we cant have Dolph Ziggler as WH Champion, or that's why Buff Bagwell happened. Cause things are never what you want them to be.

PTP vs The Shield (Tag Titles)

I think the Shield will retain. Purely because I don't think they have a clue what else to do with the belts really. As long as they don't put them on Los Matadores after they debut I'm ok with it, because unfortunately the tag division of WWE has been dead for at least 8 or 9 years. If its the PTP, or anyone else, I think The Shield will retain.

Dean Ambrose vs Dolph Ziggler (US Title)

This will be the Match of The Night. Unquestionably. Dean Ambrose and Dolph Ziggler should be two of the guys are the forefront of this company in 2014.  Ambrose is a genius in every way you'd want wrestling wise. Great in the ring, engaging on the mic and intense 24/7. Ziggler is a master at the art of selling, and very tidy wrestler in his own right. Unfortunately Ziggler has a functional brain, and no filter between his brain and mouth because some of his comments recently have landed him in hot water. I have a my suspicion is all a bit of a work though. Unless Ziggler is still jobbing around Mania time next year, I think its all leading to another Ziggler push. Perhaps wishful thinking on my part being a Ziggler enthusiast, but I'll allow myself to dream of a better time. Because what do we have if we don't have dreams? exactly. Ambrose will win cleanly here I think, which isn't a terrible thing. The quicker we have him vs Bryan for the belt, the better.

AJ vs Natalya vs Brie Bella vs Naomi (Divas Title Match)

I am borderline in love with Nattie, and even I think it would be an injustice if AJ drops the belt here. Promo wise she has been outstanding over the past few weeks, and hearing her tear Lawler a new arse was like music to my ears this week. Sweet melodic music in a tight little package, delivered via verbal darts and roundhouse kicks. I would accept Natalya taking the belt though, but if either of the other 2 take it. We riot. Well Naomi is ok too. If Brie Bella takes it, we riot.. Although she is the better of the two Bellas. If any of the 3 get injured and Eva May takes her place and wins the belt THEN we riot.

Alberto Del Rio vs RVD (WH Title Match)

I care about this more than ADR v Christian, but that's only because I think there's a legit chance of RVD ending Del Rios painfully boring reign. Either he ends it, or Ricardo turns on RVD and that would be fun too I suppose. Something will happen here which will take my interest levels above neutral so that's never a bad thing. I also expect them to serve up a good match, because RVD seems to do that all the time now, after about 8 years in hibernation. For me RVD takes the belt, and drops it before the end of the year to someone relevant.

CM Punk vs Curtis Axel and Paul Heyman (Elimination match, if Punk beats Axel he gets to KNOCK HEYMAN THE FUGG OUT) 

This will be some beautiful storytelling. I fully expect Punk vs Axel to be a solid 8-10 minute bout where Axel makes you forget that Mr Perfect made a baby with a slab of concrete in a dress. Cant think of any other reason for his lack of charisma when he's 50 percent Perfect. Anyway, Punk will dispose of Axel and I actually think Heyman will face his beating like a man, before Axel returns with Lesnar to shatter Punks body into a million tiny pieces once again. Either Punk will meet his untimely end, or Luke Gallows and a crowbar will make the save. I fully expect whatever occurs here to be the highlight of the show in terms of pure entertainment. 

Daniel Bryan vs Randy Orton (WWE Title Match)

All I do each night is pray. Hoping that DBry will have the belt again someday.
I hope I'm wrong, but I cant see it being tonight. Not on a PPV with such a mediocre build-up. It would be a nice swerve if he takes it clean, but it just isn't going to happen. I think the match will be Ortons best since becoming champ, but that will once again be down to the quality of the opponent rather than anything Orton does. Honestly, the match would be more appealing if it was Goldust against Bryan and the loser has to cannonball into a pool filled with salt and broken glass. After some Triple H interference, Randy will hit the RKO for the win. Before Luke Gallows emerges again and rolls DBry out of the arena like a beer barrel.

Overall I don't think this PPV will be anything special but I certainly see it being a Solid B+. ;)

Do not despair my brothers and sisters. For Daniel Bryan will have his day in the sun. 





No comments:

Post a Comment