Saturday, September 21, 2013

ICW:Fierce Females - Its In Our DNA Preview

Unfortunately I couldnae make it to either of the first to shows ran by ICWs sister promotion Fierce Females, so I've yet to see some very talented women wrestle live. I've done my research but. Its my duty to you the reader, that I learn as much as I can about those involved in any show I write about, then completely ignore all that information in favour of sarcasm and overuse of the word "cunt".

Nah seriously though, the card for this show looks excellent, and I've done my best to see at least something from everyone on the card, so the below will not be complete guesswork, and anything I am guessing will be covered up wae humour and referencing Carmel and Kay Lees braw segment In Maryhill.

Anyway...wrestling eh?

Fiona Fraser & Kirsty Loveign vs Local Enhancement Talent


Always enjoy this type of match. As long as its not designed tae squash the enhancement talent. Similar situation worked well at ICW in Maryhill where two prospects were given 3-4 minutes to display their talents before their match was disrupted. I've saw clips of Fiona Fraser, but sadly not a full match yet as the only ICW show she's been on is the only one I've missed since last year (Tramspotting). No idea whit tae expect in terms of the outcome tbh, seems too easy that Fraser and Loveign get the easy win eh? Maybe a wee surprise thrown in here, with one turning on the other. Or all 4 turning on and battering James R Kennedy.

Shanna vs Rhia O’Reilly vs Erin Angel (winner is the Number One contender for the FF Title)

I'll no lie, this will be my first time seeing any of these 3 women in any capacity. No idea what to expect here, but I hear good things about all 3 so aye. Should be good. The stip is round robin tae which I have no fuckin clue about tbh. Someones gonnae win though, and that person gets a shot at the belt.

Portia Perez vs Nikki Storm

This is one of 3 main events imo. Nikki Storm is hugely gifted, and the little I've seen of Portia Perez indicates that she's in the same boat. Not sure if Nikki Storm carries her ICW persona over to FF, but even if she does, I expect the crowd tae be behind her. Cause she's a talented Scottish wuman taking on one of Europes best. In amongst it Nikki hen!

Carmel vs Mary Dobson

This is the match I'm looking forward to the most. Sorry Kaylee, Kong n Viper. Your match is gonnae be smashin anaw, but this just ticks aw the boxes for me. I always liked Carmel from what I'd seen of her in the ring, but that promo in Maryhill took her tae another level for me. In a room where the sound was a wee bit dodgy anaw, she cut a scintillating promo and it came through clear as crystal. The whole segment with Kaylee was great, with a wee look at that braw DDT and finally a powerbomb through a table. Immensely talented so they are. Crazy Mary is aff the fuckin map, but in the brawest way. I had no idea who she was at ICW earlier this year tbh, but seeing a lassie beg to have her bits stapled stays with ye. I expect a great match with a few eye popping spots, wae Carmel getting the win.

Kay Lee Ray vs Amazing Kong vs Viper (ICW FF TITLE)

Looking forward tae this for so many reasons. Seeing Kong live will be special, easily one of the most accomplished female wrestlers in the past 10 years. Kay Lee is one of the most dynamic talents in Scotland right now full stop. She has a wee penchant for anarchy that ye don't see often these days in womens wrasslin so the sky's the limit for her, and finally I'm looking forward to seeing Viper for the first time. Heard nothing but good things and it was braw to finally see her involved on an ICW at Dave's Not Here Man. Can't see Kay Lee dropping the belt here, but I think there's another match between her and Carmel on the horizon soon, so with the number one contenders match for the title not containing Carmel, I widnae be totally shocked to see Viper take the belt and Kaylee vs Carmel on the fear and Loathing card. We shall see eh, but aye. Cannae wait to see what these 3 have in store for us.   

Should be a smashin show. The Classic is always good atmosphere wise, and the card is stacked. If yer one of these fannies I keep overhearing at ICW shows moaning about wumans wrestling, stay in the hoose eh. I'm sure yer maws making something nice for supper. Tae everyone who isnt a prick, ger yersell along to the show. Tenner a go. Cannae beat it.


No comments:

Post a Comment