Sunday, June 9, 2013

ICW Flava In Yer Ear - Predictions

Suppose since I plan on reviewing the event later, I'll fire some predictions up eh. Here we go.

ICW Zero-G Title Match
Wolfgang vs Solar

I'll start by saying I was a bit gutted to hear of Noam Dars withdrawal from this one through injury, as it was the match of the card for me. I saw Wolfgang and Dar wrestle at the first ICW event I attended last year, and it turned my skepticism about what was in store (bearing in mind this was the first Scottish Wrestling Event I had attended) into optimism as it was a cracker of a match. Since then anytime I've seen these two they have impressed, so naturally I was looking forward to them locking horns again. Solar is a decent replacement though and proved in his match against Dar at Get Yer Rat Out that he is more than capable of putting up a fight against these established names. I expect this to be a good mix of styles, with Solar undoubtedly getting launched heid first intae the crowd and Wolfgang retaining.

Christopher and Kenneth vs Divers and Maverick

A bit of a wildcard this one. Would be pleasantly surprised if its good, but I'm not expecting too much. Will be good to see Maverick back after his leg break, as his last ICW match with Andy Wild was a belter, and Divers will have much to prove after the breakup of the STI and his potential feud with William Grange seemingly on the backburner.
I imagine that team CK have been brought together to become a factor in the Tag Division though, so I expect them to pick up the win, with some kinda caper involving hairspray and loud shrieking involved.

Grado vs Andy Wild

I'm very interested to see how this one pans out. Grado has shown a good bit of improvement in his in ring work,but he'll be going one on one with one of the better technical wrestlers ICW have, so he'll have to be on his game to keep up with Wild. I expect an entertaining affair, with either Wild winning clean, or it being declared a no contest after Joe Coffey interferes, setting up their feud finally coming to a head either at next months event or Fear and Loathing at the 02 ABC.

The NAK vs Jester and Havoc

I'll keep this one short.I really hope Jester and Havoc knock these cunts clean oot.
Give Renfrew his due right enough, I never really bought into the whole ICW4LIFE shtick, and he has re-invented himself very effectively as a diabolical heel, cause I fuckin hate the cunt noo.
I expect a brutal affair, with (unfortunately) The NAK picking up the win, probably with some help from whoever this mystery third member is.

The Owens Twins vs Nikki Storm and Mystery Partner

This match has been in the making for a while, with Storm having a few run-ins with the Owens Twins. I reckon the mystery partner might be Carmel, particularly if the Whiplash gimmick has been dropped, they will be keen to re-establish Carmel outwith that. Might also be Viper, who is yet to appear on a main ICW card.  I expect a decent match, with Storm and mystery partner winning.


The Bucky Boys vs Fight Club

Ach this will be the usual brand of fast paced tag team wrestling, and good natured fun. These teams have good chemistry in the ring, and are clearly good pals outside the ring cause they always have a laugh. Its a match we've seen plenty of, but it never gets old. I expect a solid win for the Buckys to keep their momentum going before an inevitable rematch with the Summerian Death Squad, perhaps at the Embra Supershow or next months show at the Garage.

Jackie Polo vs Johnny Moss

Cannae believe I'm typing this, but we are now 4 hours from the event starting and the match I'm most excited about involves JAAAAACKIE POLO. The king of chat has somehow made the transition from annoying filler that ye used as a chance to go the toilet without missing anything good, to one of the more entertaining characters in ICW. I think the transition started for me at Santa Gravy with his hilarious wee segment with BT Gunn (DALLAS.....THATS NOT RENFREW!) and with every show he's been more hilarious, in particular his wee game of chasies with Sweeney at the last show was an unexpected bit of entertainment. I've only saw a couple of clips of him in the ring, but I've heard he can go, so I expect a good match. Outcome wise I'm really not sure, the potential Polo vs Dallas angle could be interesting, but I'm opting for a Mossy win.

ICW Title Match

Mikey Whiplash vs Robbie Dynamite

This will undoubtedly be the Match of The Night, but theres only really one outcome on the cards, so its just one to enjoy for the feast of wrasslin that will be on show. When I seen their first match live, I had a cunt about 6'2 in front of me, so I really didnt get to enjoy it at the time, but when I saw it on youtube I was captivated by it. Will be interesting to see if Whippy has dropped the gimmick for good aswell, I suspect he has as it doesn't really fit his apparent face turn. I suspect another cracker of a match, maybe 25-30 minutes worth of pure wrestling goodness, with Whiplash winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment