Saturday, July 13, 2013

WWE Smackdown Review 12/07/2013

Smackdown's been braw lately so it has. If yer no in the habit of watching it, dae it. Gid matches, nae Mcmahons. Its a winner.

Christian vs Daniel Bryan

See? I wisnae lying. Absolute stoater of an opening match. Christian has never looked better imo, his work has been so crisp since his return. Top quality match, which Daniel Bryan won with the yes lock. 

Jey Uso vs Seth Rollins

A wee bit gutted the Usos vs Shield match for the tag belts is on the MITB pre-show, mainly because I'll be oot and might not see it, but It should be good regardless. This was an entertaining wee bout, if a bit short. Rollins gets the win the curb stomp, one of my favourite finishers in WWE right now. 

Chris Jericho vs Curtis Axel

Ach why no eh? they fuckin killed it with this match on RAW so why not go again. Another saliva inducing affair here. Two guys who have a lot of chemistry together. A wee bit surpised Jericho got another win over Perfects boay, especially by countout, hope this hasn't served to weaken Axel enough for The fuckin Miz to take the belt. Jericho wins. 

Ryback vs The Miz

Fuckin...sigh. I just dont get it. With either of these guys. I don't think I ever will tbh. The fact that Ryback went over just makes the whole waving off the match debacle on RAW even more confusing. I just don't get any of this. I'd really like them both to go away, but It's no likely is it. Ach well, Ryback wins with the shellshock after 5-6 agonising minutes.

A wee Sheamus promo. I find myself infinitely more interested in this than I would have been a week ago. Thats the magic of having a great match with DBRY eh, it makes me no wantae gub aw the pills in the cupboard when I see Sheamus. He gets fired in tae the wee interviewer lassie, and tries to convince us he'll win the MITB match. He won't, but its pretty amazing that he made me brielfy think he might.

A properly good divas promo between AJ and Kaitlyn. Refreshing change from the routine they've been reeling out every week, where one distracts the other during a match. Its a contract signing, but as these things always seem to do, it descended intae madness. AJ tells us about some texts Kaitlyns been sendin tae the boayz. and one even appears on the titantron, before we get intae a wee brawl, and Big E catches a stoater of a slap aff Kiatltyn. Gid engaging stuff from these two, looking forward to their re-match at MITB.

Wade Barrett vs Fandango

A lot of folk are tipping Barrett for the Smackdown MITB, and I'm no getting it. Dont get me wrong, I'm a fan, but his last 6 weeks in WWE have seen him drop the IC belt, and lose pretty much every match he's been in. This was nae different, although it mainly served tae act as a wee pre MITB melee between aw the cunts in the Smackdown match. Listen but, despite it being a bit messy, it had an Antonio Cesaro appearence, and thats enough tae sort me. Love that cunt so I dae. Fandango wins after Barrett gets distracted by a White Stripes song playing in his head, no Seven Nation Army, another yin.

Alberto Del Rio vs Sin Ziggler

Hahahaha yass! In an uncharacteristic move, Sin Cara fuckin goes for ADR, but it isnae Sin Cara ataw, its the king of making my baws tingle, the boy Dolph Ziggler. Fuckin cannae speak highly enough of how much I enjoyed this shit. I am almost feverish at the prospect at Ziggler gettin the belt back now. Gies it.

A fun wee Vikcie Guerrero segment. She complains that she's been treated with nae respect, and demands that Teddy Long be fired cause he's a tag match daft wee shitebag. I disagree wae this but I respect her right tae her opinion anyway, she did buy a ticket after all. :) gets huckled oot the building for her troubles though.

Teddy Long and Sin Cara attempt tae hash out this whole Ziggler business. Dolph tells them both that it was Sin Cara all along, and he disnae remember because he wis up aw night watchin Red Dwarf and huffin petrol. The segment ends with Teddy Long gettin sad cause Yokozuna's deid.

Randy Orton vs Sheamus

Ach this was fine. It's about as good as many match ever is without Bryan or Punk really. Good enough, but not a lot to write home about. The main talking point was the wee brawl afterwards, as Daniel Bryan takes a ladder tae both Orton and Sheamus. Sheamus takes him oot the game, and Christian comes down tae join the party. Further battling ensues, ending in Orton delivering an RKO to Bryan. Worrying to say the least. Please dont book Orton the RAW MITB, for the love of christ please. Match ends in a DQ.

Overall another really good Smackdown . No real low points I'd say, and the opening match was brilliant. Smackdown is gid. Ye should watch it. Goan...ye ken it feels right. Gie it a bash.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment