Saturday, July 13, 2013

ICW Terminator 2 - Preview/Predictions

I cannae stress this to ye enough, the following paragraph isnae me sookin up Dallas' arse. Its just me personally gettin a bit excited about gid wrestling, and if it makes ye uncomfortable ataw, I suggest ye click that wee x up the top corner of yer screen and be done with it. Naw? cool, we shall proceed then.

I was naive enough tae think perhaps this show would be "filler".  With two huge shows coming up in Edinburgh and the 02 ABC in Glesga toon, I thought this show might just be build up for that. A few good matches, but nothing special. Could not have been more wrong there. How dare I even suggest such a thing? fuckin FOR SHAME.

I'll tell ye this once and once only. This show, on paper at least is fuckin perfect. From top to bottom, it has absolutely everything you could want fae a wrestling show, and all for £12? fuckin gies it. If they ran these shows weekly, I'd sell a kidney just to make sure I had the money to never miss one. Too good.

Enough of me salivating but eh, I'll fire in wae a breakdown of the matches and my own predictions. Lovely.

The Coffeys vs Fight Club

Four cracking singles wrestlers, and they combine to make two smashin tag teams (I mean smashin both literally and figuratively there ;) ) I was fine with the card as it was, and when this got announced, I'll no lie tae ye, I went fae 6 tae midnight. I'm Joe Coffey daft, and its the first chance we'll have to see Mark after his Japan trip anaw; so it'll be interesting to see any wee differences in his work. The wildcard element is recent personal troubles the Fight Club boys have had, and I can definitely see that coming to a head, leading to a win for the Coffeys after a good 10 minutes or so of top quality tag wrestling. Aye I'll huv some of this wae bells on.

Prediction - Coffeys Win , Fight Club split. 

Wolfgang issues an open challenge for the Zero G Belt

I'd love this to be Solar, because they had an absolute stormer of a match at the last show, but I cannae see it being the palest Mexican on the face of the earth this time. I have a sneaky wee feeling it'll be Divers actually, and I've nae problem with that either. Good chance for him to establish himself as a singles wrestler after joining the NAK, and he's a talented cunt, so the match should be good regardless. The only thing that would have made the card more perfect would be if it was Noam Dar, but I believe his shoulder's still gubbed. We'll see that match soon enough I reckon though. Maybe stealing the show at Fear and Loathing.

Prediction - Wolfgang beats Divers. If its no Divers, Wolfgang beats someone. Mibbe yer da. 

James Scott vs Mark Andrews

This is a potential show stealer btw. I can see these two having braw chemistry, and having the crowd in the palm of their hand throughout. James Scott is quickly becoming one of my favourite wrestlers to watch. A genuinely irritating heel for the past year in ICW, yet a surprisingly affable face in his appearance at Kelvin Brawl. Not many can do both with such conviction, but he pulls it off. I foresee this being an absolute stoater with James Scott being declared the WINNAAAAR!

Prediction - James Scott wins (mibbe a wee face turn in the process)

The Bucky Boys vs Summerian Death Squad

This match being announced is when I first realised this card was going to be a beezer. I just assumed The Buckys would have another match with Fight Club, or maybe even Team CK, and the re-match with The SDS would be in Edinburgh, but nope. It happens the morra, and I cannae fuckin wait. I assume this will be another cliffhanger type situation, where no matter who wins, its left wide open for a re-match. Maybe a TLC, or something else equally brutal. either way I'm fuckin totally intae this. The fact that there's two tag matches on the same card, that I think could potentially be world class happening 15 minutes fae my hoose makes me a wee bit emotional. I need a minute tae compose mysell troops, sit tight eh.

Prediction - Buckys retain cleanly after another brutal match. SDS go for the handshake afterwards, but attack the boys and leave wae the belts again. 

Chris Renfrew vs Jack Jester (Tables match, winner faces Sabu at Dave's Not Here Man)

I'll no tell ye lies, see the auld bucky swiggin "ICW through and through!" Chris Renfrew? It didnae ring true to me. As a wrestling fan, I didnae buy it. See diabolical screamin heel Renfrew? that does. It fits him like a fuckin glove, and I've went fae casual indifference tae fucking hating him. Cannae dae a better job of a heel turn than that really can ye? This match would have been an all out war even without the Renfrew heel turn, but now that's happened, can see the crowd being totally split (cause theres a lot of NAK fans seemingly, dunno whit drugs they're on like, but there ye go ) and that'll just add to the whole experience. I cannae see Renfrew winning considering Jesters coupon has been next to Sabu's on the poster for the Edinburgh show for months, but this is ICW so ye never know. Either way I expect blood, probably something involving a barbed wire bat, and at least one body gaun through a table.

Prediction - Jester wins, NAK knock his cunt in afterwards. I could see a 4th member being announced here anaw, and its in my heid that it might be a Jimmy Havoc heel turn, but that widnae make sense considering he has a match on the card with BT Gunn. Would be a helluva shock but.

Mark Dallas vs Jackie Polo (If Polo wins he owns ICW)

I honestly have nae clue what will happen here. Obviously Dallas wont be wrestling Polo one-on-one but I dunno who his main hauners will come from. Sweeney maybe? Johnny Moss?  Whoever it is will probably be huge, and be under explicit orders tae shatter Polos jaw into a million tiny pieces. Polo is a fuckin genius but. A true master at his work on the mic and in the ring, and IF he is to win this, I'm sure it'll be an entertaining ride with him as ICW "owner".

Prediction - Dallas wins (with a wee bit of help fae the boys)

Jimmy Havoc vs BT Gunn (Thumbtacks and Kickpads match, winner faces Rhyno at Fear and Loathing)

No entirely certain whit a Thumbtacks and Kickpads match is, but I know I'm excited tae see it. For me this will be the match of the night. I cannae see past it. They are both similar style wise, and both equally able in terms of brutality and just bonafide wrasslin. Jimmy Havoc disnae get the respect he's due in that regard, because most of his ICW matches have been memorable hardcore efforts, but for me, one of my favourite matches since attending ICW was Havoc vs Wild for the Zero-G belt. They fuckin killed it that night, and it was on a great card that night tae. I just hope this isnae ruined by any interference or anything, because I think they could genuinely create something special. BT Gunn should win though, he deserves the chance to go against Rhyno, and I cannae see anyone on the roster having a better match with him.

Prediction - BT Gunn wins

Mikey Whiplash vs Grado (ICW Title Match)  

See this? this here? this is what the term "Main Event" was invented for. This is what wrestling is aw about. A great card, culminating in what should be the most interesting match of the night. Not the best match, although it will be very very good, but the most interesting one. Grado vs Whiplash last year was an utterly captivating match, and the Tag Match which followed was an absolute fuckin riot. Add the richest prize in the company into the mix, and huge dose of mutual respect? fuckin unreal. I'm daft on both of these guys, and I really cannae see any outcome being dissapointing to me personally. Whippy deserves a long run with the strap, so for that reason I'd say I'm favouring him a wee bit, but if its Grados time, I'm sure its for the right reasons. If not, his time will come.

Predicition - Whippy retains, after him and Grado take ye on a wrasslin rollercoaster.

We'll aslo finally get to meet David The Beloved at some point, and nae doubt an appearance from some of the fierce females. Twelve quid mate. Ye'd pay 50 tae see Rod Stewart dae the same set he's done for 40 year, so why no eh? this'll be much better than that.


If yer reading this and ye still dont have a ticket, whit ye fuckin waitin fur? Turn the tele aff and get yersell intae The Solid Rock/Rufus T, get a coupla jars and a wee ticket tae ICW.  Aw the sound cunts are daein it.




No comments:

Post a Comment